Friday, December 19, 2008

Verses vs. Verses...

I have been wanting to do this for a while now but I know it's going to be a long post and take me a while to post them all but I feel like I need to post them now for my sake as well as other's. A few people I know are going through some hard times and some very trying times so I hope they find answers and inspiration here in some of the verses. The verses I am posting are ones that Logan is learning and memorizing this year in pre-k at Trinity. When I first saw some of them I was thinking there is now way he is going to memorize these but Logan along with the Lord has surprised me and he has memorized all of the ones Mrs. Lane has taught. I promised myself that I would memorize them with him...so here are "Our Verses"...


Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

John 1:3 "All things were made by him."

Psalm 139:14 "I am fearfully and wonderfully made."

Proverbs 3:5,6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Psalm 18:30 "As for God, his way is perfect."

Phil. 4:19 "My God shall supply all your need."

Psalm 23:1-3 "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

Genesis 26:24 "Fear not, for I am with thee."

Psalm 106:1 "O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good."

Psalm 23:4-6 "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Luke 11:28 "Blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it."

James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

I John 3:23 "Love one another."

Psalm 100:1-3 "Make joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture."

Matthew 8:27 "Even the winds and the sea obey him!"

Matthew 28:20 "Lo, I am with you always."

Psalm 56:3 "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee."

Psalm 100:4-5 "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving and into his courts with praise; be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."

I John4:8 "God is love."

Genesis 16:13 "Thou God seest me."

I John 4:19 "We love him, because he first loved us."

John 14:1-6 "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas sayeth unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus sayeth unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

I Timothy 1:15 "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners."

Proverbs 20:11 "Even a child is known by his doings."

Ephesians 4:32 "Be ye kind one to another."

John 10:27-30 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them to me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one."

John 14:14 "If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it."

I Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon Him; for he careth for you."

Matthew 19:19 "Honour thy father and thy mother."

Galatians 5:14 "Thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself."

Psalm 145:9 "The Lord is good to all."

Now as a challenge to all of you...memorize the verses and share them with your children, I guarantee you they can memorize them!

1 comments:

AmyT said...

great idea! Thanks for sharing. btw..I picture tagged you - the rules are over on my blg.