Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Grandmother's Day...

Today was Mother's Day and like most I had a wonderful day. I wanted to make today more than just about me and about all the mother's in the family. So, me and Chris went to one of the hardest places for his family to go..to visit his Nanny at Edgewood Cemetery. I never got to meet his nanny as she passed away before we ever met but not a day goes by that I don't wish I would have gotten that opportunity and chance to even just tell her hello. Chris loved his nanny so much and apart form us and his mom and dad she was the one person that he loved most in his life. He misses her so much and mentions something about her at least once a day. She must have been such a wonderful and endearing woman for them to love her that way. I don't only wish that I could have met her but also that she would have gotten to meet Logan and Riley too...everyone says how much she would have loved them to pieces. It breaks my heart to see him when we visit as it's not an easy task for him and doesn't handle it well, but we pray and know that she's looking down and watching us every day. I had a stone personalized for her, so we took it out today and gave it to her. On days like this we are so thankful for those who take care of us and mean so much to us..so today was more than mother's day we made it "Nanny's Day" and celebrated her life she lived and how much she meant to those who knew her and like me even those who didn't. I do have something to look forward to and that is that day I finally get to meet her and see her face and tell her what a wonderful family she raised and how much they love her, especially her grandson! So, until that day i'll keep thinking of her and sharing her with her great-grandkids and looking forward to that first official meeting....

1 comments:

Hollie said...

sweet post andrea.

and happy late mother's day to you!